Because TPS is an athletic gym and not a commercial fitness facility, our equipment has been specifically chosen for effectiveness, not popularity.
We have many specialized pieces, that other facilities’ budgets simply won’t allow for, that clients and athletes require for proper strength development. This attention to our customer’s needs and not aesthetics or budget, ensures that everyone who trains at TPS gets the best equipment possible.
And if you’re into lifting some serious weight, Total Performance Sports is a heavy-lifters heaven. We have all the necessary Strongman, Powerlifting, and Olympic lifting equipment you need to train for speed and explosive strength.
Olympic lifters, Powerlifters and Strongmen require a certain training environment that is very different than the average gym and equipment that allows them to perform heavy lifts in a safe environment and we have enough plates, dumbbells, kettlebells, bars, and chalk to keep every lifter happy.
Check out some of the training tools that set us apart from the competition.
- 4 Lifting Platforms. These are not only appropriate lifting surfaces, but also ‘safety zones’ where only one athlete at a time is allowed to lift. This greatly reduces the risk of accidents.
- Glute/Ham Benches. Every gym should have one of these, but almost none do. We have three! Many exercises can be performed utilizing these benches, but the Glute/Hamstring Raise (GHR) is one of the single most important exercises in any athlete’s program. The GHR works the glutes/hamstrings/lower back/calves (a.k.a. Posterior Chain) as a single, ‘functional’ muscle unit just as it is engaged in running, skating, jumping, etc. This is a primary tool that we use to reduce the risk of knee injury as well.
- Unusual, Odd Objects. Unusual objects such as sandbags, heavy medicine balls, kettlebells, kegs, etc, add a new dynamic to training. They require a tremendous number of stabilization muscles to be used when lifting, and unlike machines they build a tremendous amount of transferable strength. And they’re fun to use.
- EliteFTS Equipment. With racks, benches, bars, and more, this is simply the best designed training equipment, bar none. We have as much as we can fit in the gym.
- Strongman Equipment. Strongman style training greatly increases strength, explosiveness, endurance and guts. We are experts in this field and we have a huge variety of training tools including: tires for flipping, Atlas stones, farmer’s walk handles, logs, sledgehammers and more. We also have a full Strongman training area downstairs in a separate building with two platforms, squat racks, a stone box and more..
- Prowler & Sleds. Much has been written on the effectiveness of dragging and pushing sleds – and it’s all true! We have several different types of sleds, including the “Prowler”. Come down and see this for yourself.
- Full gym of traditional barbells, dumbbells and other unique, hand selected equipment.
Tons of EliteFTS Equipment: EliteFTS Monolift • EliteFTS Belt Squat • EliteFTS Pro 3x3 Rack • EliteFTS Collegiate Rack • EliteFTS Pro 45° Back Raise • EliteFTS Chest Supported Row • EliteFTS Pro Bench Rack B3 & Boards • EliteFTS Rackable Cambered Bar • EliteFTS Blast Straps • EliteFTS Glute/Ham • EliteFTS Squat Bar • EliteFTS Prowler • 2-Jumpstrech Deadlift Platforms • EliteFTS Box Squat Box
Strongman: Logs up to 12" • Aluma-Tech Sleds • Aluma-Tech Farmers Walk Handles • Aluma-Tech Yoke • Kegs • IronMind Draft Horse Pulling Harnesses • Big Heavy Tires • Huge Set of Atlas Stones • Indoor Stone Platform • Custom-made Husafeld Stones up to 350lbs. • Giant Oxygen Tank Farmers Walk Handles • 2 Sets of Axles with Tires • 500lb. Anchor Chain • 2" Farmers Walk Handles • Conan's Wheel/Viking Press/Car Deadlift
Grip: • Iron Mind Grippers t-4 • Sorinex G-REX • Blobs • Titans Telegraph Key • Iron Mind Eagle Loops • Iron Mind Claw Curls • Iron Mind Rolling Thunder Handles • Iron Mind R-Ring Handle • Iron Mind Little Big Horn • Iron Mind Wicked Wrist Roller • Iron Mind Heavy Hammer II Leverage Bar • Iron Mind Hub Style Pinch Grippers • Iron Mind Block Buster Pinch Grip Block • Tons of Pinch Blocks
Other really cool stuff: Medicine Balls up to 75lbs. • Westside Barbell Pro Reverse Hyper •Power Runner • Huge Lifting Platforms • Eleiko Barbells • Tons of Bumper Plates • Torque Athletic Hammers • Sledgehammers • Spud Inc. Harnesses & Straps • Kettlebells up to 115lbs. • Dumbbells up to 130lbs. • Thomas Inch Dumbbell • Val-Slides and Slideboard • Plenty of Bands & Chains • Tons of Sandbags • Agility Ladders • Hurdles • Circus Dumbbells • Tyler T-Grips • Dyna Disks • Swiss Balls • Foam Rollers • Concept 2 Rower • Chalk, Chalk, and more Chalk…
Boxing/Thai: Full Size Boxing Ring • Wide Variety of Heavy Bags • Speed Bag • Double End Bags • Thai Pads • Focus Mitts • Twins Strike Shields • Body Protectors and Belly Pads• Assortment of Jump Ropes • Tons of Punch and Body Shields • Maize Ball • Title Deluxe Round Timer Bell • Body Snatcher Bag • Thai bags • Upper Cut Bags • 1500 Square Feet of Zebra mats
Over 30 pieces of cardio training equipment including: treadmills• ellipticals• cross trainers• upright bikes•recumbent bikes•step mill
•A full line of Nautilus machines
•2000 square foot Group X room
•dedicated warmup area
Last Updated ( Monday, 01 August 2011 23:03 )